Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Waiting

My wife questioned me the other day as to why I haven’t written anything lately for my blog, and since I’m procrastinating from about three or four fairly important tasks that I should be working on this afternoon, I thought I would write something up now.

I actually did have another posting about the Jesus Family Tomb thing that was on TV, but then I realized that nobody really seem to notice or care about it, so I took that post down. I also have been really on edge about my future of late, and I’ve found it hard to write anything really worth sharing. At this point I sense pretty strongly that not only is God calling me back into vocational ministry, but that it will happen sooner rather than later. I’m still waiting to hear if I will be appointed to a church this summer or not. While it is really exciting to know of some of the potential places I might end up as the pastor, it is a becoming nerve racking to just not know. While I know I’ve been stressing about it during waking hours of late, I think it’s starting to affect my sleep as well. In addition to being tired (which also might be a by-product of getting up at 4:00am a couple times a week to go sell coffee), I’ve been feeling like someone’s been taking a pipe to my gut over night. Maybe I should move the softball bat that my wife keeps next to her side of the bed.

As I wait to hear if I’ll be placed at a church I’ve been looking at other options and making some adjustments for the time being. I start this weekend working the overnight a few times a week stocking at the best grocery store chain in the world. There is also a full-time youth pastor position that interests me more than a little. I really hope to get some word by the end of the month about church stuff, the sooner the better.

No comments: